Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Emma-Angie's Little One

Here's a fun picture tag. The rules:

1. Go to your documents/pictures
2. Go to your 6th folder
3. Go to your 6th picture
4. Post it, and blog about it
5. Tag 6 people to do the same
6. Name your picture

OK. Chelsea tagged me about four million years ago and I finally got around doing it! I followed the instructions, and this is the picture I got:

I took this picture on New Years Eve 2008. We had gone to Grandma Don's to celebrate the New Year. I was taking pictures and Angie asked me to take a picture of her "baby."

Angie is a wonderful little mother. She has two dolls that she plays a lot with--Emma pictured above and a bigger, cloth doll she has named Deidre (recently renamed from Tracy). In fact, the day before yesterday, she announced that Deidre had just had a baby. Therefore, she (Angie) was a grandmother and I was a great-grandfather. However, Deb was a grandmother also. I'm a little bummed about that!

A little later, Angie told me that Deidre had rode in an ambulance. I asked her why. With a little bit of contempt in her voice she said, "She had her baby!"

Then a few minutes later, Angie asked me if I wanted to see where Deidre had a shot. I said sure. She lifted the doll's dress, and Angie had put on the stretchy stuff that I had for my arm when I had my IV last fall. I asked her what the shot was for (I'm a little dense at times!) and again she informed me that Diedre just had a baby. She then asked me if I wanted to see the "newborn" (her word!). She had wrapped up her smallest doll into a blanket. I asked her what her name was and she said Alyssa.

OK. Why is my little girl growing up so fast! I'm already a great-grandfather for crying out loud!

Now, for the six people I will tag: I don't know if all of these follow my blog, but I tag Amber Smith, Kaiann Womack, Ally Probst, TJ Probst, Jennie Wilding, and Rachelle St. Gelais.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Rachelle and sometimes Katelyn said...

Cute, does Deb ever post on your blog???

Todd & Chelsea said...

Thanks for doing it! Angie is so funny-4 going on 20. I love that she said "newborn". And yes...you are dense-she just had a baby duh!