Monday, December 20, 2010

Robin Hood

I judge movies on how much I think about them the next day or two. If I hardly think of the movie, it is pretty mediocre. If I think alot about the movie, it is usually really good or very, very bad. Good movies make me think of the storyline, the characters, and the effect it has on my emotions. Bad movies have me thinking what a waste of time it was to watch and how it could have been better. Some movies, however, make me want to do some research and more reading to learn more about the storyline. These movies are invariably movies with some history connected to it. Robin Hood (starring Russel Crowe) is such a movie.

As a movie, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Deb, on the other hand, fell asleep. I enjoy well done movies with some history attached to them. When the movie was over, I wanted to know what was actually true, and what was not. So, I did some research on the Internet to find more about Robin Hood. Of course, the movie is almost entirely fiction since only circumstantial evidence is available that such a character as Robin Hood existed. This movie tells the story of how Robin Hood became an outlaw.

As far as the movie itself, I gave it 7 out of 10 stars on IMDb. The movie felt long to me and it was long (almost 2 1/2 hours). In very good movies, you do not notice the length. Perhaps this movie could have been tightened up a bit so it did not feel so long. Overall, though, for me it was enjoyable. For Deb, it was a snoozer.

No comments: