Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh: An Army of OneRush Limbaugh: An Army of One by Zev Chafets
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In 1992, I moved home to be with Mom to help her with Dad's cancer. Approximately a month after moving home, Dad died and I decided to stay in Swan Lake. A few months after settling into Swan Lake, my brother Brad told me about a talk show on the radio by a guy named Rush Limbaugh. He told me I should listen because I would like him. So I did. I remember thinking the first few times that I listened to Rush that this was not normal. He was attacking the normal way of thinking (at least what I perceived to be normal). However, the more I listened to him, the more he made sense, and I realized that Rush Limbaugh was indeed the "truth detector." I began to doubt the main stream media and began to realize the agenda behind the media to promote liberalism and that is what the rest of America believed. Since my first time that I listened to Rush, I have been a fan.

I had heard Rush Limbaugh tell his radio audience about a book written about him by Zev Chafets. He said it was a worthy biography of him. I was released in 2010. I finally got around to reading it. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. The author gives us a wonderful glimpse into Rush's childhood (Rush was known as Rusty as a child), his early radio career, and his emergence as a national figure. He explores some of his missteps and his highlights.

View all my reviews

No comments: