Sunday, July 19, 2020

Spending More Money

When I was driving to work on Wednesday, I noticed the low tire pressure was on. I thought, I need to get it filled when I get to work. Then, the tire started to thump. I pulled off the freeway at the Arimo exit (actually right next to the on ramp). I got out to change the tire and started to loosen the lug nuts. I noticed one lug nut was different and could not but the tire wrench on it. I did some investigating and found a small bag with lug nuts. I discovered that locking nuts had been put on the car, but the key to unlock them were not there. I was perplexed what to do. Since I was next to Connie and Bill's I called them. They came over to help. After trying to figure out what to do, we decided to pound a socket onto the lug nut. It worked. We were able to get the tire off. That afternoon, Deb and I went to Ron Keller Tire in Preston. When the tire went flat, I drove it too far so we had to get another tire. Fortunately, they had a used one that they sold to us for $40. I found out that Honda dealerships have a key, and we can replace the locking lug nuts with regular nuts. We are going to have to do that--I do not want to be stuck on the freeway with no way to change the tire!

We had the pickup fixed up this week. It was almost $1000, but now we have a vehicle that is a little more reliable. Now we need to get the tires replaced on it.

No comments: