Friday, December 12, 2008

The Christmas Sweater

As a fan of Glenn Beck, I had heard him talk about his book, The Christmas Sweater, a lot. So, when I heard it had been published, I asked Deb to look out for it at the Downey Library. When the library got it in, Deb checked it out for me (the first to check the book out from Downey!).

In short, the book is about a 13 year old boy who has already lost his father to cancer and then loses his mother in a car accident. He lives with his grandparents and becomes bitter about how his life has become. Through the help of a neighbor named Russell, he begins to understand what is really important in life.

The book is not too long, and I was able to read it in four hours over two days. Before I read the book, I wondered if this book would be the same as The Christmas Box. The overall theme of redemption and fixing things right are the only similarities. As I came to the end of the book, I shed a few tears, and I was very grateful for the opportunity to read the book.

No comments: