Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pride and Prejudice

Pride and PrejudicePride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first met Deb, she told me that her favorite show was "Pride and Prejudice." So, one Sunday afternoon, Deb set me down in front of the TV and popped in the BBC video. I watched it and when it ended I said, "Is that the end?" She said no that there were several more episodes. Although she wanted to watch them all right then, I told her no. So over the next few Sundays, we watched the entire series. Watching Deb watch the show was a treat in itself. She absolutely loves the series. Then, I one Saturday, I noticed the book and decided to read it while the girls enjoyed story hour at the library. It took a while, but I finally got through it. Since the BBC series is so close to the actual book, it held no surprises for me. As I read the book, I saw the scenes being acted out just as they are done in the series.

I really did enjoy the book. I think, however, that having seen the series before reading it helped me follow along.

View all my reviews

No comments: