Monday, June 25, 2012

A Princess of Mars

A Princess of MarsA Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I heard that the Disney movie, John Carter, was based on a novel, I decided to find the novel and read it. I was surprised that the author was Edgar Rice Burroughs of Tarzan fame. When I first started reading the book, I had a hard time with it. The story is about John Carter, from Virginia, who is somehow transported to Mars. I know what Mars is like, and basing a story on the planet with living beings seem far-fetched. However, as I read the book, the more became intrigued. I found the story compelling and interesting. I wanted to know what would happen next to John Carter.

I have not seen the movie, and based on some reviews, I may not want to see it. If the movie is somewhat faithful to the book, then I will probably enjoy it.

View all my reviews

No comments: