Sunday, October 11, 2020

Being Sick and Shocking News

 

I started the week sick. I was fearful that I had COVID-19, but my test was negative. However, it really did knock me for a loop. By the end of the week, the rest of the family was sick. Lilli called on Thursday from school being sick so I had to go get her. Deb was sick on Thursday, and by Friday Angie was sick. It struck the Gambles household pretty hard.

Mom called us with some very shocking news. Kim Thomas had been killed in a tree-cutting accident. It was so shocking. Deb and I went to the viewing this evening. Kim looked really good in the casket--or at least a good as a dead person can look!

BYU played the University of Texas at San Antonio in an empty stadium in Provo. BYU played a frustrating game--one that has become too common during the Kalani Sitake years. Every time they got themselves in scoring position they would shoot themselves in the foot. Usually, BYU loses these games. Thank goodness they were able to edge them, 27-20.

No comments: