Sunday, November 15, 2020

SLOW DOWN!

 

On my way to work on Tuesday, I approached in the northbound lanes to Inkom where snow was starting to accumulate on the freeway. It was just a skiff of snow so I did not think much about it. Before I knew it, though, the back end of the pickup started to slip and pretty soon I was spinning out of control. I started to go into the median and as I started to spin into the direction I was originally going, I braced myself for a head-on collision as I had crossed into the other side of the freeway. Thankfully, no traffic was coming towards me and I went back into the median. I finally came to a stop on the left shoulder of the northbound lanes. I sat there trying to compose myself all the time thanking Heavenly Father for protecting me. I will bet my heart was beating 200 beats per minute. I could not believe that I had just did a complete 360 degree spin and did not hit anything or cause any damage. I got out and looked around the pickup to see if all the tires were OK. I did see that the tonneau cover for the bed had come loose and will need some minor repairs. It took me some time to calm my nerves and drove into work at about 40 miles per hour the rest of the way. I even drove home slow that evening. It was really scary!

Mom and Todd have been tested for COVID. They will not know the results until tomorrow.

We have had some deaths in our small community. The daughter of ward member Lonnie Jones, Angela Ralphs, was killed. Barry Andersen from the First Ward (formerly lived in the Second Ward) died from COVID, and Jeannine Davis passed away. She was 90 years old.

No comments: