Sunday, July 11, 2021

Back to the Living

What a couple of weeks this has been!

It started off with our kitchen sink leaking. Come to find out that the disposal (which has not worked for years) is leaking and had to be replaced. Fortunately, when it went out we bought a replacement, but since I LOVE plumbing (sarcasm there), it was sitting in the storage shed. So, I had to get it replaced, but I needed some things from the hardware store so it took a couple of days to get it done.

Meanwhile, I got sick. Boy, did I get sick. On Friday, July 2 I woke up with a cough. It was really irritating, but I did not feel too sick other than a slightly sore throat. By the time evening came, I was feeling pretty miserable. I then spent the next two days in bed. Thus, I spent the holiday weekend in bed. Deb spent a little time with Connie and Bill, but for the most part she stayed home with me. Besides, Angie had to work every day over the weekend. Lilli stayed home with me but spent all of her time on the computer.

Since Independence Day was on Sunday, it was observed on Monday so I had the day off, but that also meant doctor offices were closed. I did feel a little better on Monday and got the new disposal installed, but it wiped me out.

Tuesday, I went to the Health West Clinic in Downey. I was told that I had onset pneumonia, given some pills to help fight it, and told to get bed rest. So, I took the rest of the week off. I am glad I did although I will have a TON of things that will need immediate attention when I get back to work.

While I was struggling with illness, Mom was really struggling with it. She had her gall bladder removed in Preston, but then the doctor got concerned about the blood readings from her liver. She was transferred to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden where they cleaned out her liver. She eventually got home, but she is still tired. She is getting stronger each day.

Deb and I helped get the ward youth to an event in Pocatello celebrating the Pocatello temple. It was pretty good, but we sat so far back (on the grassy area) that it was hard to hear at times--especially when others around us would talk.

I went to church today. I will go back to work tomorrow. After four hours of church, I was exhausted. Hopefully, it will help me handle the eight hour day tomorrow!

No comments: