Sunday, August 15, 2021

Bannock County Fair

The week started off with the fair. It is such a great time in Downey when the fair comes around. I have memories of the fair from my early childhood to now.

On Monday, Layne Benson performed. It was really good. He has worked with several renowned musicians. He came back home to perform as he grew up in Downey. Also, the county commissioners put on a free potato bar. It was a nice supper.

Wednesday was parade day. Mom, Todd, and Jackie came and sat with us at the parade. It was a really nice parade. The parade is synonymous with the fair as far as memories go. After the parade, Mom treated us to supper. I had a cheese burger and fries, while Deb got a Philly steak sandwich. Deb stayed with Jackie for the entertainment while I came home. I have a hard time getting around with my back.

Friday we saw some first class entertainment. Charley Jenkins provided an opening act for Sawyer Brown. It was really great. I think Downey had more people in it then they have ever had. It was awesome to see such great entertainment.

The following week was pretty normal stuff. School for Deb and the girls start next week.

I have been to the chiropractor several times over the past two weeks. I still have a lot of pain in my back. It just does not seem to be getting better. In other medical news, Deb had an abscessed tooth pulled and bridged.

No comments: