Sunday, August 1, 2021

Family

This week focused on family.

It started off getting ready for the Brower Family Reunion around work hours. On Tuesday, we left home for Logan Canyon and the Spring Hollow Campground. We did not get there until after dark so we had a hard time finding it. We finally got there--late--then went to sleep.

On Wednesday, we were in charge of breakfast so we put it on for the rest of the family that was there. After breakfast, I set up our trailer. Later in the day, we left for home to get ready for Paige Jons' viewing in Arimo.

It was a very bittersweet moment as we visited with Brad and Kim next to the casket of Paige. She looked so beautiful. She had such a hard life, but she fought for her life. She will forever be a hero in my eyes.

On Thursday, we attended the funeral. It was a beautiful service. I was very emotional as I thought of Kim and Brad having to deal with the death of their child. After the service, we went to the church for a meal. It was delicious as we visited with other family members. That evening, we returned to Logan Canyon.

Friday we also had breakfast so we put it on for the rest of the family. We had some help though as some of the Jons came to reunion after the funeral. For the rest of the day, we played some games. As it turned out, every game I played that day, I won.

Saturday morning, I could not move my back was hurting so bad. I had Deb get Lynn and Matt to give me a blessing. Within an hour, I was able to move and help get ready to go home. It was good to get home.

Sunday morning, I could not move again. I stayed home from church since I did not want to be in pain. The rest of the family attended services.

No comments: