Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Butterfly Effect

The Butterfly EffectThe Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My wife gave me this book to read. She had read it after being recommended to read it by our Stake President. It took me all of 15 minutes to read it.

In my life, I have often contemplated on what may have been if different choices were made. One that I have reflected on a lot was a choice made by my parents when I was a baby. Dad served his mission in Montana and the Dakotas. For part of his mission, he served in Dillon, Montana. He loved the area and the people. Shortly after I was born, he took Mom and me to visit his old stomping grounds. While there, he learned that farm ground was at very cheap prices and some of his friends in Dillon suggested he buy some ground and farm there. Mom said that she became concerned that he may do that, but eventually decided to stay in Swan Lake. How would my life, not to mention the rest of my family, been different if Dad had chosen to farm in Dillon?

View all my reviews

No comments: