Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the EarthThe Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth is a novel of historical fiction set in 12th century England. The story follows a monk along with a builder and his family and their triumphs, disasters, betrayals and revenges.

The book is very intimidating being nearly 1,000 pages long. However, it is a good read and, with the exception of a couple of places, the story moves along and keeps you interested in the events. There were times, however, when I was very uncomfortable reading the graphic descriptions of events to some of the characters that I care about. I was also a little disappointed in the ending--I thought it ended to abruptly and I had to go to Wikipedia to find out more about the events that happened.

All in all, I enjoyed the book.

View all my reviews

No comments: