Sunday, August 9, 2020

That Damned Virus!

Deb is getting ready for school this fall. The Marsh Valley School District is going full-steam ahead. Deb is getting a little nervous about it. She is a little worried that the district is not doing what other school districts are doing--going to online or some hybrid of online and in classroom teaching.

The Big Sky Conference has canceled all fall sports. Actually, they postponed them to spring. I have my doubts that the sports will play in the spring. It will be a logistic nightmare, but we may need to do it. It is worrying me a little. I am afraid my job will be in jeopardy. My position was almost cut last spring in an effort to save the department some money. If we are not getting any funds from ticket revenue, will I have a job next spring?

We watched Saving Mr. Banks. It was a good movie about how Mary Poppins was made by Walt Disney. I did not realize what the original movie meant to the author of the book the movie was based upon. It now makes me want to watch Mary Poppins.

We had church at the chapel. Again, it was good to mingle with other members--although socially distanced and masked!

No comments: