Sunday, September 27, 2020

A Skunk and Kittens

 

It was not a very eventful week until we got to the end of it. Early Friday morning Cosmo was barking furiously. A few minutes later, an incredibly strong skunk smell came into the house. Since Cosmo's barking had awaken me, I knew that he had gotten sprayed. The next morning, Angie found him really stinky. Ugh!

Also Friday morning, Deb called to tell me that a newborn kitten was next to our front steps. When I got home, there were three of them. It looked like they were all dead, but when I moved one, it started to meow. All three were still alive. The mother cat had abandoned them. I wanted to see if we could rescue them, but it requires constant care for the animals--24 hours a day for two or more weeks. There is no way we can provide that. I hoped that the mother would return to get them, but Saturday morning they were still alive but just barely. I had to do the humane thing and dispose of them.

We winterized our yard. The trampoline was taken down and the sprinklers shut off. At least this year I did not do it while it was freezing!

No comments: