Sunday, February 21, 2021

An Eventful Week

The week started out with the family celebrating Presidents' Day. I had the day off as well as the girls and Deb. We celebrated by doing nothing much.

On Tuesday, the girls weekend was extended as Marsh Valley cancelled classes due to the weather. I still had work, and it was a scary commute. I was very thankful I got to work OK.

Wednesday I celebrated turning 61 years old. I went to work then came home to get ready for Bishopric Meeting. Right after getting home, Mom and Todd showed up. She had a card for me and gave us some chocolate as a Valentine's gift. We visited for awhile. We then had supper just before going to Bishopric Meeting.

On Thursday, Deb used the pickup to get some things done. Just as she pulled into Downey on her way home, the pickup acted up. She struggled to get it home. When I came home, I looked under the hood to see that the belt was missing. I am not sure how long she drove it with no belt, but it did overheat. I hope no serious damage was done to the pickup.

Friday, Deb had in-service meetings at McCammon. So, Angie went with Deb and me to Pocatello. They dropped me off at work then Angie dropped Deb off at her meeting in McCammon. Later, Angie and Lilli came into Pocatello after picking up Deb to get our car serviced and then take Lilli to her doctor's appointment. It was a really busy week.

Saturday was spent relaxing then attending Stake Conference. I went to the leadership session at the stake center. Then I came home, and Deb and I watched the adult session over the Internet. We could not get it to cast onto the TV so we watched it with the laptop. It was really good.

Sunday, the girls went to the stake center for the youth session. They then came home and we watched conference over the web. This time, we got it to cast to the TV, but it was very glitchy. We did not get to see much of Bill McNabb's talk.

It was a very eventful week. We now have next week to look forward to.

No comments: