Sunday, February 7, 2021

What a Week!

The week started off the way it should start off. Monday, Mom and Todd came to Pocatello to go to the Farm Service Agency offices to re-sign up for the SAFE program. The 40 acres by the Oxford Reservoir have been in that program the last 10 years so now it is time to renew it. However, the amount of money we will receive will be way less that what has been given to us. If, and that is a big if, we are accepted into the program, Mom will only get a little over $900 a year. Currently, she is getting about $2,300 a year. I am not sure it is worth getting back into.

Tuesday was an unsettling day for our family. Angie's English class devolved into a class on racism which upset Angie greatly. She was so upset, she wanted to come home. Later that evening, we spoke with her teacher, Mr. Black. Naturally, he defended his actions, but it seems to me he did not have control over his class. Many things that Angie said happened, Mr. Black denied hearing them. It was not good. It was very upsetting to us.

Wednesday was another awful day. I was getting ready to take Angie to her early morning cheer practice when I slipped and fell on the stairs outside. I slipped off the top step and landed on the sidewalk with the brunt of the force on my lower back from the bottom step. It was so incredibly painful. I limped to the car then took Angie to her practice. When I got home, I could hardly move and called in sick for work. I then spent the next three days home. It got more painful as the week wore on then Saturday morning, Deb took me to the clinic in Preston. I had not slept much the night before because of the pain. I had not had much pain the other nights, so I decided I had better see the doctor. He prescribed some muscle relaxers for me.

Friday, Lilli went to the cross country skiing and snowshoeing activity the school sponsored. On the way back to the school from the activity, a boy asked her to send her nude pictures. He then said that he was going to rape her. Naturally, it was very upsetting to her. She reported it to the principal, and later that evening, the principal called us to let us know that they were investigating it.

It was an eventful week that was not that good. Hopefully, next week will be much better.

No comments: