Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentines Day

 

It was back to normal for me. At least, as normal as it could be with my back bothering me. Thankfully, just sitting does not hurt. I spend most of my day sitting so it is not too bad.

On Wednesday, February 10, I reflected on the birth of Grandpa George Gambles. He was born 119 years ago. Catherine Luke Garner posted on Facebook about Grandpa, and I had to chip in my two bits. Two things always come to mind when I think of Grandpa. Whenever I saw him coming up our lane, I knew he was coming after me to go help him. Almost always, it was to help him fix fence. The other thing was sitting in the grain truck during harvest season. When I was not on the combine with Dad, I would sit in the truck with Grandpa. He would tell me tales of being with Indians and would speak to me in Indian. It was not until I was an adult that I found out that Grandpa really did not speak Indian. I was sure convinced that he could!

Angie finished her cheer competition for the year. On Friday, her team performed at halftime of the boys basketball game. Then on Saturday, Marsh Valley competed with American Falls and Snake River for the Fifth District Cheer Championship. Although I thought they did great, the judges did not think so. They took third place. It was fun to watch Angie cheer.

Today was not only the Sabbath Day but also Valentine's Day. Deb bought some things for the girls after the cheer competition. I bought her a dozen roses.

BYU started the week off not too great. They lost to Gonzaga in Provo, 82-71. The games for the weekend were cancelled due to the other teams having COVID issues. The game we attended for Angie's halftime performance was the regular season championship for the boy's Fifth District. In a very exciting game, Marsh Valley won to claim the outright championship by the score of 57-54.

No comments: