Monday, April 7, 2008

Deb's Birthday

Deb celebrated her birthday over two days this year. Since she had to work on her birthday, and we went to Jaydon's first birthday party along with General Conference, we did not have much time to celebrate it on her birthday. We did most of the celebrating on Sunday.
However, Saturday morning, Angie came into our bedroom. She climbed into our bed and when Deb rolled over to see her, Angie said, "Happy Birthday, Mom!" I hadn't even wished Deb a happy birthday. Angie is so thoughtful.
On Sunday, we cooked some steaks and shrimp for dinner. For her birthday cake, we had strawberry shortcake. Angie was so excited when I had her help me get the cake ready with the candle. She then carried it in while we sang Happy Birthday.
This year, a tradition came to an end. The first year we were married, we did not have anything to make a birthday cake. So, in trying to find something that would hold a candle, I filled celery sticks with peanut butter and stuck candles in them. Every year since then, that is what I prepared for Deb's birthday cake. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to get celery so we did not do that tradition. Hopefully, I will be better prepared for her birthday cake next year!

No comments: