Monday, April 28, 2008

Illness Ravages Gambles Household, Part Deux

Just as we thought all was getting back to normal, sickness struck our home with a vengence! Right after Deb returned from the library, she got sick a threw up. So, she slept most of the time. Meanwhile, Lilli was moping around and very tired. At about 8 p.m., I put Lilli to bed. At about 10 p.m., Lilli started to cry. I walked in with the lights out just to settle her down and get her back to sleep. While she was standing in her crib, I noticed something dark on her head. In the darkness, I thought it was blood so I quickly turned on the light. It wasn't blood--it was chocolate. Lilli and Angie and eaten some M&Ms prior to Lilly going to bed. Chocolate puke was everywhere in Lilli's crib. She had it all over her, her bear, her blankets, her crib bumper pad, and, of course, her sheets. I grabbed Lilli and undressed her and bathed her while Deb--still nauseated--started to scrub the quilt given to Lilli by her birth grandmother. Let me tell you, chocolate puke almost made me not want chocolate any more! So, while we washed and dried Lilli's bedding, we laid her on our bed to sleep. When we finally got the bedding cleaned and back on her bed (we had watched Dreamgirls while waiting), we got Lilli out of our bed. Well--she had an attack of diarrhea and pooed all over herself and our bedding! Back into the tub went Lilli (this time at about 2:30 a.m.) and we stripped our bed of the bedding. After we got Lilli cleaned up and into her bed, I went to get Angie who had fallen asleep on the floor in the front room. When I picked her up, she was wet. She had peed! So, off her clothes went and into the tub to clean her up. By the time we had bedding cleaned and children washed, it was 6 a.m. We basically had been up all night taking care of the kids. It was Sunday morning and Stake Conference was at 10 a.m. I told Deb I was going to bed and not worry about Stake Conference since I would sleep through it anyway. So, just as I started to doze off asleep, Lilli started to cry. I went into her bed to see what was wrong, and she was wide-eyed and bushy tailed--ready to go for the day. I grabbed her and put her in bed with Deb and me. I then fell asleep until about 10:30 a.m. It was a very, very fun night! I love parenthood!

No comments: